This site promotes public school education in contrast to other means of education. Our advocacy focuses on three areas of concern: the impact of education (especially public school education) on civil democratic society; improving the system; and, improving outcomes.
Public school education is unique, vital to the well-being of a civil democratic society, and appealing, for reasons that are described here . We believe that public school education contributes to the well-being of a civil democratic society in ways that no other education can. Whatever undermines the capacity of public school education to fulfill its mandate inevitably weakens a civil democratic society. In the context of a civil democratic society, public school education likely provides the best education a child can receive.
There are alternatives to public school education, and the alternatives carry a cost that the community bears.
From here, you can:
- Learn about the issues and the advocates (About)
- Learn more about public school education and the alternatives (Background and Resources)
- Follow the progress of our advocacy campaigns (Blog)
- Keep track of our finances and our people (Stewardship)
- Express support for public school education (Join our Community)
- Contact us (Contact)
- Join the conversation (The Conversation)
- Keep up with media coverage and other public comment, and connect with like-spirited sites (News)
- You can also follow us with various social media and our calendar of events.
Currently, this site has one project (here): the unification of Alberta's two civil school systems -- public and separate
A second project is upcoming: re-considering student and system assessment (coming).